Thursday, September 15, 2011

What would you think of a 16 year old driving a Porsche cayenne turbo?

I am currently 15, and my dad is looking to purchase a porsche Panamera, and is thinking about keeping his old cayenne and letting me drive it as my first car. I know a cayenne is a fast car, and not recommendable to a new unexperienced driver. However I don't showboat, and I would never dream of drinking and driving because many of my dad's high school friends died that way.|||k guys wtf you talking about, maintenance and that crap. he said his dad is buying a Panamera AND thinking of keeping his old cayenne. so obviously hes got money. so if anything goes wrong with that cayenne HIS FATHER will pay for the repairs not him





ANSWER TO THE QUESTION: its a good car but its a bit too big for a teenager because teenagers do stuff no one can expect (talking from personal experience). i suggest you ask your dad to trade it for another car (dont mean that rubbish civic or any of that lvl) like cayman. if not its a good car you take your friends with you and chill around|||You'd be be safer and far better off if your dad gave you a loaded gun to play with. The chances of a new, 16yr old male driver lasting 3 months with a Cayenne without a serious accident are zero. ...and you probably would rather spend your 17th year in high school rather than a body cast. A performance car can be a lot of fun, but it would be wise to learn to walk before signing up for the olympics. Experienced drivers should really take a performance driving course before getting behind the wheel of a high powered sportscars. Teenagers don't have a chance. Recommendation: about 6 months accident and ticket-free in the family corolla or mini-van. Then a year or two in something else. After all that, if you're still running clean and you can afford the insurance and the car yourself, go for it.|||I would get it if I were you. Just make sure you are extremely careful. Also keep it in good condition, meaning clean it, repair it when necessary, and do all your oil changes, brakes, etc. when needed. You're smart to not drink and drive too. I know it's a fast car, but try to avoid going super fast in it. It's just like any other car but nicer and of course faster. I'm a Porsche fanatic and love Cayennes. Good luck.|||I currently have a cayenne TT... great vehicle, and actually a very safe for a 16 year old. They weigh in at about 6500 lbs, so even with the decent hp in the cayenne TT, the power to weight ratio isn't absurd.





My kids are a few years away from driving still, but I'd rather them driving something like the Cayenne than a mustang. My 1st car was a '60s muscle car, no airbags, no ESP, traction control, nothing that makes a car safer today.





I'm assuming that your father is going to pay repairs/insurance/maintenance, so cost of keeping it on the road wont be an issue.





Drive safe, and be careful.|||I was in that exact case back in 2006. I was 16 yo and my mother bought me a new Cayenne Turbo S. My first car as soon as I got my license (MA). It is a great car, just take care of it! Every said that since it was my first car, I was going to wreck it. However, I love cars and mine specially so I was always very careful. Accident free until November of 2010. I got hit by a bicycle at a blind stop sign. One thing, service and maintenance will cost you a fortune.|||Is the best thing happen to you. If you can control high speed, you control slow speed already. Cayenne is one of the best SUV on the Earth, so, be safe, drive safe, DO NOT DRINK, and enjoy that engine, you have practice for your next 911GT3, isn't?|||Honestly, it seems to me that you've got a good head on your shoulders. Granted, yes, I think a Porsche Cayenne Turbo is a little excessive for a first car (slight understatement), but then again, I also believe that ANY car can be dangerous in the wrong hands.





As long as you don't get caught up in it all like most kids, I'm sure you'll be fine.





My biggest worry is about your getting your car keyed by your jealous peers. :) Sorry, but these are the facts of life.|||Thats retarded. just give a 16 year old an exotic car. most people cant afford one of those in there lifetime. You probably going to have a fender bender or some little thing happen in the first year so if so at least wait for a while. i got a $500 truck for my first car so, yeah, and how could you possibly afford insurance on it? but if your one of those people with loaded parents and then i cant blame you. take it, everything else will be given to you anyway.|||I think if you are responsible, it will be a cool car. But since you are about to be 16 I say you will probably crash it within a year, doing something stupid. I would say get a beater to learn on before driving the porsche as a daily driver.|||If you have no problem with the maintenance, cool car to have. Just know what's on the right side of you. Hard to see sometimes(brother has a Cayenne).





New brakes are once a year thing. Guess you know that already.|||ughh.. hate uu... i live in the uk... we cant get cars like that until we are 26.y.o.+ due to insurance prices (its 拢60k for that porsche for me)





we have to get cheap little ugly hatchbacks :(





i would think your some show off.... 100% jealous|||I think your father needs his head examined.|||Yeah sure, huh. Yeah, what a show off!|||A spoiled kid with not much in the way of taste. Sorry.|||cool story bro. Tell me, have you been trolling long? You're not very good at it.|||I would want to know where you were so I could avoid the area|||Yeah sure|||My "Uh oh" light is glowing brightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment