Friday, September 23, 2011

How to reinstall 1983 Porsche 944 steering wheel?

Recently my 1983 Porsche 944 horn cover (I guess that's what it's called..the thing you push to activate the horn) fell off. I do not know why this happened. I tried to put it back on but there are screws that seem impossible to reinsert without dismantling the entire steering wheel. How do you put this back on? Is there a way without taking the steering wheel completely apart?|||It is called a horn button, If it does not have a snap lock, or screw that come through the back of the wheel, you may need to buy a new horn button and see if it come with a spring lock or some way to take it off and replace it. If you do not get a good answer, call a Porsche service department and ask then. I use to call sercvice department when working on some thing that I did not under stand.|||the screws you see hold the mounts for the horn cover. they become brittle over time and brake off over time inside the cover

No comments:

Post a Comment