Friday, September 23, 2011

Is there a porsche that looks like the 65 Shelby Roadster?

I just saw a porsche commercial and I saw a car that I thought it was a 65 Shelby Cobra roadster but my friend thinks every car on there was a porsche. So is there an older porsche that looks like it?|||You might have been looking at a Porsche 550 Spyder, or perhaps a 356. The 356 normally doesn't look anything like a Cobra, but some customized ones sometimes have huge fender flares, which could increase the Cobra similarity. Also, the 356 has similar round headlights, and for racing and custom purposes, its bumpers were often removed and replaced by "nerf bars," which would increase the similarity to a Cobra.





Really though, I'd say the 550 Spyder is the likeliest match, due to its inherently curvy body and similar low beltline.|||Hey, my pleasure! Glad to be of service!

Report Abuse


|||Not really, the Shelby is a front-engine car with big V8 and the rear end is very short. Porsche's in that era are all rear engine cars.|||I think you are talking about a 1948-1955 Porshe 356 Roadster. Do a google image search of that and see if that's the one you are talking about.|||Its a Porsche 914.|||Ahh, no.

No comments:

Post a Comment