Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Porsche cayenne or BMW x6 or a sports coupe like an Aston Martin db9 or Audi r8.Any ideas?

I'm looking for my first car and I have budget of 50-70k. I'm not sure whether to go for a new suv like a Porsche cayenne or BMW x6 or a sports coupe like an Aston Martin db9 or Audi r8.Any ideas?|||FIrst of all, if you did your research, you will have found that it is very unlikely to find a DB9 or R8 in existence for under 70K. If you do happen to find one in that price range, you should be extremely wary. Used exotics have a reputation for poor reliability and high maintenance costs. Cars that are more likely to be found in the 50-70K price range would be a used: Ferrari 360, AM V8 Vantage, Mercedes SL, Maserati Quattroporte or Bentley Continental GT, new: BMW M3, Audi S5 or a Porsche Cayman.





Secondly, what type of car you need depends on your lifestyle. If you have kids, or haul around lots of things get the X6. The the new generation Porsche Cayenne has just been introduced and won't be on sale for another couple of months, making any Cayenne you may buy right now old news. If you don't really care about that, great job, you probably saved yourself a lot of money off the MSRP as dealers are trying to make room in their lots for the newer cars. I personally would never get a car that's just been replaced by a newer generation.





The X6 is a great car. I think it looks very nice (contrary to the opinions of many other people) and it drives like a sedan. An even more practical car would be the X5, as the X6 is short on rear headroom, seats only four and has a smaller trunk. However, the X6 is much better to drive. I've driven an X5 xDrive35i and it felt sluggish.





The Mercedes ML 550 is aging, but it is a very great car to own and drive. I have a ML 500 and I can tell you it is a great car to drive and very practical for many things. However a replacement is due in 1-2 years.





What kind of car you should get is entirely up to you.|||The Aston is the least practical. Just really depends on what you do with your car. My mother drives a Cayenne and loves it. I drive a Lotus Elise and a BMW X3. Both nice, relatively cheap and fun cars to drive.





SUV - None of those. The BMW is really a crossover. I'd shoot for a Land Rover or Lexus.





Sport Coupe - Also none of these. The R8 gets dreadful MPG. I'd go for a used Bentley Continental or Maserati.





This is your first car, be sure to consider insurance rates for this exotics. The X3 isn't bad, but the I pay a bit more for the Lotus.|||Try the website below, and run a search in your area for all 3, then go with the best deal and use the rest of the money to pimp it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment