Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do I figure out what model/year Porsche my brake pads are for?

I have a brand new set of front and rear brake pads for a Porsche. They were left in our garage when we bought our house, so we want to sell them. They are in their orig. boxes, ut the #'s on the boxes don't correspond to the #'s on the pads. I googled the #'s on the boxes and got all kinds of info on what make/model/year they could fit, but if I google the #'s on the pads, I get nothing. Do I go by the #'s on the box? I want to sell them, but I don't want to misrepresent what they are.|||No worries, it's normal


Brake pads are always like that for all manufacturers.


Each pad does have it's own number. All those numbers together make up a brake pad "kit" that us consumers buy.


Just sell them with the part number on the box and a picture of the pads. Your discounted price should reflect the risk a used parts buyer is willing to take.


BTW- If they fit my 1983 911 email me a price|||you can take em to NAPA and do a cross refrence|||contact porsche

No comments:

Post a Comment