Saturday, October 1, 2011

Which is a better sports car to buy: a 4-yr old Porsche Boxter worth 拢24 thou or new Audi TT worth 拢28 thou?

My husband is torn between these two options. He likes the Audi bec our current family car is an Audi and the fact that the choice is brand new, and service is not a problem, but still he says"a Porsche is a Porsche".|||Frankly, I would go for the Audi TT. From any point of view, this model is simply destroying Mercedes Benz. Indeed, the quote "a Porsche is a Porsche" is old fashioned. Anyway, if your husband insists on these second-hand Boxter, I would recommend you any 911. As the SLK, the Boxer is considered a cheap failure.|||Between those two models I would say the audi even given the fact Im a "porsche man". Why? The boxter engine is not trustworthy and does not live up to the porsche name. I highly suggest getting an older 911. I dont know what 28 k pounds is in dollars but the most desirable is the 930 or a 911 turbo (same car). But other 911's are great too. But it IS a sports car. Then again so is the boxter but with less 'sports'. Good luck|||Boxters have disposable engines in them I would go with the Audi|||I own a 99 boxster and my inlaws have 2003 TT.





One is a sports car, the other isn't. if it were, then it would have a suspension system in it. it would also have a better power curve for the engine.





the 986 (ill admit i hate the name) shares practically everything with the 996 except displacement. I challenge you to look that up.





It really does 157mph, (with the top up) and I have the speeding ticket to prove it. The TT isnt capable.





more importantly, you can stuff the 986 into a corner and slam on the brakes without a single worry. It can take the abuse and keep going.





So far the only "failure" Ive had was the center console ashtray spring. I dont smoke so it holds quarters.





Audi's are great family cars and sedans. Ive often thought of getting an A6. Lots of power, stability, no pretense. and superior crashworthiness.





Porsches are statements of status. Most of us who own them go on and on about the engineering in them. And there is lots to talk about. They command a high price.





Most of the detractors Ive read, sound like sour grapes. To say that porsche is Old-school sounds like it comes from someone without schooling. If thats the case then go by a Z350. Same stats, lots cheaper. so when you break it, you can get antother one.





good luck|||My last two cars were/are a 2000 Audi S4 and a 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S. Love both cars. I agree with a previous poster. If you are interested in a Porsche, I would opt for the 911.|||porsche boxter i recon an audi tt is a rip in australia it's like $80,000 and i think it's only a 4 cyclindar i think thats what me dad says|||I have a 2002 Boxster S...i love it. Audi TT, though a nice ride, tends to look feminine to me...|||Like your Husband says; "a Porsche is a Porsche" But i got to admit the Audi is not a bad choice either!





Personally I'm a Porsche person so I can't be neutral on the decision so go for the Porsche!|||i disagree with u all i wrechon a nice older model not to old but not to old i am only saying this cause i like oldish cars and i think they look cool( mind u some new one lokk quite nice 2) i am currently fixing an old 1964 cortina forde it look like a dump at they moment cause it got stolen 2 times but any way he has to choose for himself we cant decide 4 u|||Audi.|||it would definitely be best for him to test drive both and say for himself. performance wise both are virtually equal. one of them is newer :)|||Porsche Boxter|||You should keep in mind that the Porsche has already depreciated and will hold its value quite well. The new Audi will depreciate quickly (since its new) and resale isnt nearly as strong as the boxster. Good luck...|||The Porsche is still faster and has better handling.


But, in the rain or snow, the Audi is faster.


Porsche is now buying Vw/Audiand they already control it.


I have driven both cars and it is a tough choice, but I would choose the Porsche because it is a Porsche.


Porsche is more famous for its sportscars, supercars, and racing history.


Audi is just famous for rally racing and Prototype racing.|||The Audi TT is a fine car in it's own right, but it's platform is based on the Golf.





I think you shoudl find a better deal on a Boxster, and get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment