Saturday, October 1, 2011

Porsche Boxster: Is it possible that I need to replace my engine due to oil leaks?

My car sounded funny the other day while I was on the road %26amp; 5 mins later the engine would not start. I sent it to the Porsche workshop %26amp; they advised me that I had to replace the engine as 'bad oil' had leaked into the engine. I'm no expert but I struggle to accept this analysis. After all, the reputation of the engine is one of the reasons I bought one in the first place! My car is a 1999 2.5l, and has 107k km on it. Would appreciate any help from an expert out there!|||sounds like blow by, you can rebuild it by geting new pistoin rings, all new gaskets and a cleaning to make it like new again.|||I'm sorry to hear about the car.





It would be good to get a second opinion on the matter from an independent shop.





Used motors can be a good way to go if the rebuild is not worth it on the current motor.





If you're here in the USA, it might also be worth asking the people at www.pca.org what their opinion might be. Try writing to Excellence and Panorama magazines (Porsche) to ask for some input from the experts.|||Try another Porsche shop....those things are notorious for leaking oil. I'd get a second opinion.|||no

No comments:

Post a Comment