Saturday, October 1, 2011

Anyone know about porsche 944 1985 concerns and repair cost?

Well I wanted to buy a 1985 porsche 944 but i am afraid that the maintenance will be too expensive even though the car is cheap. Does anyone know common problems and what the cost is to fix them?|||The problem with old Porsche's is that after a while, anything can go wrong at any time. However, it mostly depends on how the car was treated by the prior owner(s). Definitely check all the belts. The engine and tranny on the 944 should last quite a while of maintained properly. On both of my 944s, I've had to replace all the belts, an oil cooler, and seals on the heads (which deteriorate over time).





Look for leaks. Small ones are common, big ones mean trouble.


|||I do pretty good on my Porsche expenses.


Everything that is expensive, I have been able to buy from Ebay for a fraction of new price.


Normal maintenance parts like filters and brakes have been very inexpensive at the parts store.





If I had to pay someone to work on it then I could not afford it.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment